Radiant Orchid is Pantone’s color of the year for 2014, and we’re seeing the color popping up everywhere! There’s never been a better time to indulge your passion for purple and pull out those vibrant orchid, lavender and plum yarns. Here’s a collection of ten free patterns done in purple to whet your appetite.
1. South Bay Shawlette from Lion Brand.. This popular shawlette design is light and airy, made with Lion Brand LP Collection Silk Mohair.
2. Woolly Owl Hat by Kat Goldin of Slugs on the Refrigerator. This adorable pattern is written for both bulky and aran/worsted weight yarn.
3. Mary Jane Slippers by Lisa Gutierrez of GoodKnits. Crochet some easy-to-make mary janes to keep your feet cozy year around.
4. Diamond Ridges by Kristy Ashmore. This classic hat design will go well with any outfit to keep cold winds at bay.
5. Amigurumi Octopus from Lion Brand. You’ll want to make this irresistible little fellow for the amigurumi collector in your life.
6. Charleston Cloche by Kim Guzman for Red Heart. This stylish cloche can be whipped up in a jiffy so you can make several for gift giving.
8. Purple Pineapple Shawl by Ngo Quynh. This is a beautiful, light and lacy full-size triangle shawl trimmed with pretty pineapples.
9. Purple Haze Wrap by Susan Lowman. This light and lacy wrap would be wonderful for a summer party! Sometimes Annie’s does not leave their free patterns up forever so best to grab it while it’s available.
10. Purple People Eater Hat by Michele Wilcox for Red Heart. Oh my, this hat is sure to be a hit with the little ones!