Cheerful Child is a baby blanket CAL (crochet along) on pinkmambo.com that appears every Monday and Thursday January 7-February18, 2016.
I run a pretty loose crochet along here on Pink Mambo. There’s nothing to sign up for and nothing to join so just grab your hooks and start stitching. If you’d like a CAL group to join in Facebook where some people will post about this CAL, I recommend CAL – Crochet A Long. I’m a member there and several people there will be doing this CAL and posting. It’s a nice, friendly crochet-only group focused on all kinds of CALS.
Here is a schedule and links to all the blocks and additional information as the posts go live.
- Square 1: 1/7 Posy Wheel
- Square 2: 1/7 Bullseye
- Square 3: 1/9 Emma on Oombawkadesigncrochet.com
- Square 4: 1/11 Hadley
- Square 5: 1/14 Easton
- 1/18 How to make Cheerful Child in different sizes
- Square 6: 1/18 Ruby
- Square 7: 1/21 Avery
- 1/21 Getting your blocks to the same size, blocking and joining
- Square 8: 1/25 Finley
- Square 9: 1/28 Kayden
- Square 10: 2/1 Morgan
- Square 11: 2/4 Monroe
- Square 12: 2/8 Addison
- Square 13: 2/11 Channing (last square)
- 2/15 Border (last post)
Today we are going to talk about three things:
- Getting your squares to the same size
- Blocking your squares
- Joining your squares together